G Cook & Sons Ltd, founded in Cambridge in 1887, is still a family business today with a great reputation for high quality workmanship. Trading for over 130 years, we have a wealth of experience that ...
G Cook & Sons Ltd, founded in Cambridge in 1887, is still a family business today with a great reputation for high quality workmanship. Trading for over 130 years, we have a wealth of experience that has been passed down through many generations of highly skilled craftsmen. We are a leading provider of internal and external plastering services for new build and restoration projects. We have dedicated teams specialising in all aspects of plastering and have experience with almost all plastering or rendering materials, both new and old.
Here are some of our usual areas of work:
- Conserving or reinstating traditional plasterwork both internally and externally.
- The use lime-based products to provide a carbon efficient breathable wall coating.
- Insulated wall systems, with the use of hemp or woodfibre finished in lime for creating eco-friendly new build or improving the existing fabric of historic properties.
- Supplying decorative plaster products, from our stock range, to meet bespoke requirements or to replicate existing mouldings.
- Surveys and repairs of existing plaster including ornate ceiling repairs.
We take immense pride in the quality of our work and the specialist services that we provide to all our customers. We carry out all types of plastering projects including many domestic properties in Cambridge and the surrounding area. We have been involved in many prestigious projects all over the UK including many iconic buildings in London. Internationally we have been honoured to work on the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the El Aksa Mosque in Jerusalem and the restoration of a house in Kobe, Japan damaged in the 1995 earthquake. To see some of our recent projects take a look at our Portfolio.
G Cook & Sons was established in 1887 by George Cook, who had his six sons working with him. We currently have fourth and fifth generation descendants of George working within the company. We have always been based in Cambridge and as a long lasting family business, we take great care in ensuring our customers get the absolute best service as well as the highest level of workmanship.